Soup is that one dish that can make you feel warm, loved, and satisfied. It’s perfect to eat during cold weather, when one is under the weather, and when shared with the people who appreciate good hearty food. Since we love getting bowls and bowls of warm hugs, we thought we’d make something simple and beautiful that can be enjoyed by everyone. The ingredients are also very easy to source. We’re calling this dish Chickpea Soup For The Soul.
For the ingredients, you need:
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 6 stalks celery, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 1 400g can, chopped tomatoes
- 2 400g cans, chickpeas
- 1 pack, beech mushrooms
- 7 cups, vegetable broth
- 1 tsp oregano powder
- 2 bunches, spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper, optional
To cook it, here’s what you need to do:
- In a pot, put the olive oil. Sauté garlic and onions. Let it sweat a little bit before adding carrots and celery stalks. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Put the beech mushrooms in, let the tomatoes join the mix followed by the chickpeas. Then pour the vegetable broth. Dump the oregano powder and stir to let the flavors come together. On medium heat, let it come to a boil. Turn the heat to low right after to let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Taste the broth and season with salt and pepper if needed. You can add cayenne pepper if you want the soup to have that little bit of a kick. Once simmering, add the spinach and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour a good portion in a bowl and eat while hot.
Now you can enjoy a warm, comforting hug in a bowl.
All images appearing on this website, unless noted otherwise, are the exclusive property of Manila Eat Up. All images are copyrighted © Manila Eat Up.