When you find yourself with good fresh shrimp, you should do something delicious with it. The exact same thing happened to us the other day when we went to the seafood market.
The moment we saw the beautiful fresh shrimps, we instantly knew what we want to make. We also decided to pair it with rice so we bought the ingredients needed since we’re already out shopping. The 2 dishes can be done at the same time for just a total of 60 minutes. Let’s get to it then. Here’s the recipe for our Grilled Shrimp & Roasted Garlic Cilantro Rice.
For the Grilled Shrimp, here’s what you’ll need:
• 1/2 kg of shrimp
• 1/2 tbsp cumin
• 1/2 tbsp paprika
• 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
• 6 tbsp olive oil
• salt & pepper
• bbq sticks/ skewers
For the Roasted Garlic Cilantro Rice, here’s what you’ll need:
• 1 garlic bulb
• 2 cups cooked white rice
• 2 tbsps unsalted butter
• chopped cilantro
• lime rinds
• olive oil
• salt & pepper
Here’s how to make both dishes:
• Clean the shrimps, peel off the shells, and devein.
• In a bowl, put the shrimps and add the cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
• Mix it well, making sure to coat the shrimps with the mixture, and marinade it for 30 minutes.
• While the shrimps are marinating, get the garlic bulb and cut the top part.
• Place the garlic bulb on top of aluminum foil. Season with olive oil and salt. Wrap in aluminum foil.
• Place it in the oven to roast for 25 minutes at 216°C.
• While the garlic is roasting, wash and cook the rice. Best to use a rice cooker.
• While the rice is cooking, you can prepare the ingredients for the cooked rice as well as get the skewers ready. Take your time as you have about 15 minutes to do this.
• By this time, the shrimps are ready for the grill. Put them on skewers for an easier grilling.
• Cook for 5 minutes on each side. Be careful not to overcook them. Set aside once done.
• Time to prep the rice. Scoop the cooked rice while it’s hot and put them in a bowl.
• Squeeze the roasted softened garlic on the rice, add unsalted butter, and mix well.
• Add the chopped cilantro, lime rinds, salt & pepper.
• Mix them well with the rice.
• Now, you’re ready to plate both dishes.
• You can also have lime on the side and squeeze some lime on the shrimps.
If you’re going to ask us, they taste like summer. Fresh, citrusy, and flavorful. You can even pair them with a good sangria or any summer cocktail. By the way, both the shrimps and the rice can be paired with other dishes too. That’s the beauty of it.
You can also watch this recipe video that we made!
Happy cr/eating and eat well!
All images appearing on this website, unless noted otherwise, are the exclusive property of Manila Eat Up. All images are copyrighted © Manila Eat Up.