Along 13 Ubay St. in Banawe, Quezon City is a restaurant called 13 Ubay St. Comfort Dining that serves global cuisine. Having the restaurant’s name the same as its address is quite clever because that way, the diners will have an easy time remembering the location and the place.
That’s not the only thing that’s clever in 13 Ubay St. They also offer clever and delicious dishes that combine different flavors from different culinary inspirations in order to make their food come to life. Meet Zaza Sarmiento, executive chef and co-owner of 13 Ubay St. Comfort Dining. She, along with her co-executive chef Ryian Sandagon, came up with a line-up that’s both comforting and creative.
Zaza Sarmiento of 13 Ubay St.
We were glad that Zaza joined us for lunch when we visited the restaurant. We enjoyed the dining experience more when we got to ask her our 15-Question Insider Feature. Read up!
1. What are your Top 3 vacation destinations in the world? A: Greece, Costa Rica, and New Zealand.
2. If we’re going to give you a plane ticket right now and sponsor an all-expense paid trip, where will you go? A: Because I’ve always wanted to go and do the LOTR (Lord of The Rings) Tour, NEW ZEALAND!
3. What’s that one dish that you can eat for the rest of your life? A: Pasta Pomodoro made by a late family friend Franco Tesoro.
4. What is the one food you will never eat even if given a million pesos? A: Hakarl, the rotten ice sharks.
5. What’s your Happy Meal? A: A really good burger with onion rings and a side of milkshake! Calories should never be counted after a happy meal!
6. What’s that one dish you’ve always wanted to try but have been too scared to? A: I lived in Curacao for 3 years and I always wanted to try their local dish made with Iguana. But, I’m too scared to try it!
7. If you could have dinner with one famous person who’s still alive right now, who will it be? A: Chris Evans!!! I just want a dinner date with Captain America! A girl can dream.
8. If the earth will be taken over by a different entity, would you prefer aliens or zombies? A: Aliens, because I believe we can negotiate with Aliens and not with zombies. AND! I’m pretty sure I won’t survive a zombie apocalypse!
9. What is that one unhealthy food that you will not give up? A: French Fries!
10. What’s your most unforgettable meal? A: When I ate in Paul Bocuse’s restaurant Le Nord in Lyon, France. The whole experience was unforgettable.
11. Do you prefer red wine or white wine? A: Red. Always!
12. What’s your favourite meal of the day– breakfast, lunch, dinner? A: Lately I always look forward to lunch.
13. Dark, white, or milk chocolate? A: Milk chocolate.
14. What’s the one menu entry that you always order in most restaurants that you go to? A: Desserts? This is a tough question, by the way!
15. If you can have 1 superpower, what would it be? A: Telekinesis.
All images appearing on this website, unless noted otherwise, are the exclusive property of Manila Eat Up. All images are copyrighted © Manila Eat Up.