The Plaza Premium Baked Ham was developed in the 60’s by Master Chef Gosta Pettersson upon the suggestion of Imelda “Meldy” A. Reyes, wife of Joe Reyes. Meldy, familiar with the palates of Manila’s elite, insisted on a piece de resistance for every Filipino table. It was designed for the Filipino taste: a perfect blend of sweet and salty. Cured, lightly wood-smoked with herbs and spices, oven-baked, glazed and covered with a sweet crumbly crust.
And here’s a recipe that The Plaza Inc. shared with us. A crowd favorite— Mac Ham Cheese.
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 L Milk
500g Macaroni, cooked according to package instructions
1 cup The Plaza Premium Baked Ham, diced
1 cup Colby Jack or Cheddar, shredded
1 cup Mozzarella, shredded
1 cup Parmesan, shredded
- In a pot, melt the butter then add in the flour and mix. Cook until color changes to a slightly darker color.
- Add in the milk and whisk.
- Mix all the cheeses together. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Add in the rest of the cheeses and half cup of the ham and whisk.
- Bring up the heat and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Throw in the macaroni and mix. Transfer to a baking container or Pyrex.
- Drizzle the rest of The Plaza Premium Baked Ham then add a layer of the cheese mix.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and develops a golden brown color.
Check out The Plaza Inc. on Instagram.
All images appearing on this website, unless noted otherwise, are the exclusive property of Manila Eat Up. All images are copyrighted © Manila Eat Up.