If you’re a part of the employed population in the Philippines, you will often hear the term Petsa de Peligro. Its literal translation is “date of danger”. For Filipinos, it refers to the last few days before pay day when cash is running low.
To make sure that we stretch our cash till the next pay day, most of us resort to buying more affordable food such as instant noodles and canned goods as well as buying and cooking at home which saves everyone money.
And we’re here to share one of our favorite PDP Experiments for everyone to try.
PANCIT CANTON ESPESYAL
What you need to buy:
2 packs Lucky Me Pancit Canton Chillimansi at PHP11.25 each
2 medium eggs at PHP6.00 each
1 can Libby’s Vienna Sausage Chicken variety at PHP56.60
1 cucumber at PHP22.00
Spring onion and red chillies for garnish
Shichimi Togarashi (if available in your pantry)
What you need to do:
1) Cook pancit canton as instructed on the package directions.
2) Boil eggs for 6 minutes then put in an ice bath to stop cooking process.
3) Pre-heat your trusty oven toaster for 3 minutes before putting chicken vienna sausage. Cook sausage for 6 mins, turning halfway to brown all sides.
4) Wash cucumber and cut crosswise according to your desired thickness.
5) Put everything on a shallow bowl starting with the noodles, followed by the sausages, then the eggs sliced in half, and finally, the cucumbers. Chop spring onion and red chillies to prettify the noodles. Sprinkle togarashi on the eggs to add flavor.
Wallet damage: PHP113.10 (as of Dec 2018)
All images appearing on this website, unless noted otherwise, are the exclusive property of Manila Eat Up. All images are copyrighted © Manila Eat Up.