It’s that time of the month again! Petsa de Peligro in the midst. Not because we’re tightening our belts more this weekend, it doesn’t mean we can’t eat delicious.
Well, here’s another one of our go-to dishes when we want something filling.
What you’ll need:
- 1 150g can of Purefoods Sizzling Delights Sisig at PHP41.00
- 1 medium Bountry Fresh Cage-Free Specialty brown egg at PHP12.00
- 1/2 cup uncooked Best Choice Jasmine Brown Rice at PHP11.50
- 1/2 avocado at PHP18.00
- 2 Red chillies for garnish at PHP4.00
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (you can use other types of oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you’ll do:
- Wash the uncooked brown rice, add 3/4 cup of water, and cook the rice. Btw, we used a rice cooker to make cooking even and faster. Once done, put the hot rice in a bowl. This will yield about 1 1/2 cups of cooked brown rice.
- Open the can of sisig and reheat in a hot pan.
- On a separate pan, fry the egg using little bit of oil— sunny side up style. Put a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Once sisig is reheated and a bit crispy and the egg is cooked, place them in the same bowl along with the rice.
- Cut the avocado in half, take out the pit, scoop the avocado from one cheek, slice it vertically, and place beside the sisig.
- Chop red chillies and sprinkle on top of the sisig.
Serve and eat.
Wallet damage: PHP86.50 (as of Jan 2019)
You’ll notice we used brown rice and organic egg because those the ones we have in the pantry. To save more, we recommend you buy the rice by the kilogram and the eggs by the dozen or by the tray.
In addition, instead of using mayonnaise to make the sisig creamier, we opted for avocado which is the healthier alternative.
All images appearing on this website, unless noted otherwise, are the exclusive property of Manila Eat Up. All images are copyrighted © Manila Eat Up.